TMEA All-State Choir Preparation Camps and Workshops
There are two essential steps you need to make while preparing for the audition process.
- Sign up for and attend voice lessons. We recommend taking voice lessons year-round, including summer.
- Sign up for and attend a Summer All-State Camp or Workshop. For maximum benefit, we recommend attending a multi-day camp given at a University with faculty both from the University and from other high schools.
At a high-quality, University-Sponsored All-State Camp you can expect to receive instruction on the following:
- Notes, Rhythms, and language for all music in both sectional and choral settings
Presentation or class on sight-reading and the audition process
- Socializing and fellowship with peers from diverse backgrounds and schools
- A final performance of a selection of pieces
If a student has budgetary or time restrictions, a one-day Workshop is also a good option. Workshops can also be useful for students who have attended, or plan to attend a camp, whether as an introduction to the music or as a brush-up.
*Note that not all camps will teach Small-School track music
*Many camps will offer a discount or scholarship to students who have already performed with an All-State Choir.
One-Day Workshops, Summer 2018
- Vandegrift High School Choir “Region Boot Camp”
Multi-Day Camps, Summer 2018
June 17 – 21
Baylor University*Waitlist Only*